Vattenfall Stora Luleälv AB has awarded Rainpower Kristinehamn AB a contract for refurbishment of Vietas G1.
Vattenfall is Sweden´s largest energy company, and is wholly owned by the Swedish state. The Lule river, which Vietas belongs to, is Vattenfall and Sweden´s most important river for hydropower generation. It is located approximately 300 km north of Luleå. Vietas is one of Vattenfall´s largest installations.
Vietas G1 is a Francis turbine with runner diameter of 5300mm; a head of 67m, and its effect 163 MW.
The contract comprises:
- model test at Älvkarleby, Vattenfall´s turbine laboratory
- new Francis runner and adaption of the new runner
- new stainless steel guide vanes
- rebuild of the guide vane mechanism – 20 individual servo motors will be replaced by 4 servomotors that are built in to the turbine cover
- new governor
- misc. other refurbishment