“Kobbvåglaks is a very well run company. It is a great recognition for AKVA group that they have confidence in us and that they now order a third AKVA feed barge,” says Sales Director Nordic in AKVA group, Hans-Øyvind Sagen.
Kobbvåglaks, based west of Sandnessjøen in Nordland, Northern Norway, recently signed a contract for the delivery of an AM 400 Comfort feed barge with six feeding lines from AKVA group. The barge, which is scheduled for delivery in November 2020, is equipped with AKVA Hybrid battery pack and will have vet room, workshop, control room, cabins/wardrobes and more.
“We already have two AM 320 feed barges from AKVA group that we are very pleased with, and needed a third feed fleet with more capacity. We have good relationships with the AKVA group who are easy to work with and are very service-minded. It was an easy decision for us,” says Jan-Terje Mikalsen. He is in the management group in Kobbvåglaks.
The AM models have spacious deck areas with high loading capacity per square meter. The fleet will be put into operation at the location Brennholmen.
“We rebuilt and electrified our oldest feed barge, and was never in doubt that AKVA Hybrid was the correct choice for the new barge; it just works very well and you have both economic and environmental benefits on top by using much less diesel,” Mikalsen says.
Kobbvåglaks today has two licenses and three locations. The company annually produces short of 3000 tonnes of salmon.
- Kobbvåglaks today has six employees and was started as a family business in 1979
- Until 2010, the company operated one license. In 2011, an extra license was put into operation
- In 2013, the company expanded and reorganized with its own feed barge. Today, the company has three locations.
- In 2018, the company had a profit of more than 67 MNOK before tax
AM 400 Comfort
- Feed capacity: 400 tonnes
- Measurements: 30.2 m long, 10 m width
- Feeding: Standard air feeding with six feeding lines
- Hull: Designed for Hs < 3.0 m
- Trafo: No