The work includes:
- Calculated environmental quality standards (annual average: AA-EQS and maximum annual concentration: MAC-EQS) for freshwater and seawater. The environmental quality standards for freshwater and coastal water for substances have been prepared when this data has not been available from the European Commission.
- EQS for sediment. Most emphasis has been on marine sediments. However, in instances where there may be significant differences in the toxicity in freshwater and saltwater sediments, then these have been indicated in the background data.
- QS for biota.
- Class limits for water and marine sediments (basically five classes according to the same methodology as in TA-2803/2011).
- Data and calculations for the various parameters.
- A brief description of the methodology for the calculation of EQS. The methodology follows the Technical Guidance Document for deriving Environmental Quality Standards, Common Implementation Strategy for the Water Framework Directive (2000/60/EC) – Guidance Document No. 27 (TGD No. 27).
|AA-EQS||Annual Average EQS|
|EQS||Environmental Quality Standards|
|MAC-EQS||Maximum Annual Concentration EQS|