Looking for a specific product?

Make a search for products & suppliers, articles & news.

Statoil awarded operatorship in Indonesia

Statoil has been awarded the operatorship and a substantial working interest in a large offshore exploration licence on the Halmahera II block in eastern Indonesia. The Halmahera II block is located in a frontier basin with no wells drilled nearby.

StatoilStatoil will operate the licence with an 80% working interest. Niko Resources will hold the remaining 20%. The licence covers an area of more than 8000 square kilometres. The licence is subject to final governmental approval.

“We are very pleased about being awarded a large equity position in a promising frontier area in Indonesia” states Pål Haremo, senior vice president in Exploration global new ventures in Statoil. He continues, “Indonesia is an emerging focus area for Statoil and we have a material portfolio of frontier acreage in the country.”

 

The Halmahera II licence marks the sixth newly accessed licence in Indonesia during 2011 for Statoil and brings the total number of licences with Statoil interest in Indonesia to eight. The newly awarded licence is located adjacent to the Obi and Halmahera-Kofiau licences, accessed earlier this year. 

Statoil has been in Indonesia since 2007 and was then awarded the operatorship of the Karama licence and partnership with ConocoPhillips in the neighbouring Kuma licence, both located in the Makassar Straits.

In May 2011 Statoil farmed into three exploration licences in Indonesia. These are Halmahera-Kofiau, North Makasar and West Papua IV.

In September 2011 Statoil was awarded partnership in two additional exploration licences. The two licences are North Ganal in the North Makassar Strait and Obi located in eastern Indonesia.

 

Related news

Latest news

New transformer station for one of the world’s longest subsea power cables

The challenge is to have a system that is easily accessible.

Introducing SAL R1a Easy Tank

Innovation up to speed – Introducing SAL R1a Easy Tank.

Speed logs for 100 years

This is the story of the Consilium speed logs, helping you navigate for more than 100 years.

IAEA Mission says Research Reactor Operator in Norway is Committed to Safety

A team of eight reactor experts from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has for one week undergone the safety of the JEEP II research reactor at Kjeller. The expert group concludes that IFE strongly emphasizes s...

New Research Center for Environment-friendly Energy

The new FME center is dedicated to development of materials, components and technology for use of batteries and hydrogen in zero emission transport systems. It will be a special focus on the maritime sector.

The Netherlands re-join the Halden Reactor Project

The Netherlands signed the Halden Agreement on December 1st and will formally become the 20th member country in the Halden Reactor Project (HRP) after the formal acceptance from the Halden Board during their Paris meeting ...

First phase of DNV GL led offshore cable and pipeline operations equipment joint industry project completed

The data analysed during phase 1 has identified and recorded various processes...

The end of the paper chase: DNV GL to roll out electronic certificates across entire fleet

Certificates are published on DNV GL’s customer portal immediately after an onboard survey is completed,

New Integrated Solution Set to Redefine DP Reference Systems

DPS i2 and DPS i4 utilise KONGSBERG's unique motion gyro compass (MGCTM) and motion reference unit (MRUTM) technology.