Looking for a specific product?

Make a search for products & suppliers, articles & news.

Norway Exports & The Future is Maritime

Norway Exports and the Norwegian Maritime sector is today gathered at the Maritime conference in Ålesund. With the slogan “The Future is Maritime”, the topics of the 2-day conference are focusing on the future of offshore shipping, constructions and collaboration. 

Facts

Maritime Conferanse
Maritime Sector Organization, Federation of Norwegian industries

Date: November 6-7
Location: Rica Park Hotel, Ålesund

80% of the orders at Norwegian shipyards are related to the oil and gas sector.

These ships are complicated and contain highly advanced equipment. The discussion covered at the conference focus on the questions around the future of the 80%, and what about the remaining 20%?

 

Norwegian maritime companies, independent of size, are dependent on European collaborations. Thus, there will be a focus on the European LeaderSHIP 2020 and the Norwegian “Stø Kurs”, together with the introduction of Sea Europe which supports collaboration across borders.

 

Make sure you pick up an edition of Norway Exports Maritime at the event.

Associated companies:


Related news

Latest news

Industry's preferred pipeline standard gets update by DNV GL

A number of requirements related to linepipe fabrication,

Servogear Hybrid CPP for the World’s First Hybrid Catamarans in Commercial Traffic

Norled AS is one of Norway’s largest ferry and express boat operators. 

CMR is helping companies in Hordaland with research-based innovation

CMR has won a contract with Hordaland county council as competence broker. The contract is part of the Research-based Regional Innovation (FORREGION) scheme.

ISO to release final draft of ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety

The ISO 45001 Final Draft International Standard (FDIS) is scheduled to be released for review on November 30. In case of a positive vote the standard is expected to be published in February 2018.

DNV GL helps reduce cost of compliance with innovative approach to independent verification of oil and gas assets

Verification surveys applying remote witnessing involve equipping a technician onsite with hardware (a camera or smartphone) and dedicated software which enable remote...

Renewables exports are increasing, but more rapid growth is required

Reorientation among oil and gas suppliers boosted international sales of renewable energy equipment and services by Norwegian companies, writes Ivar Slengesol, Director of Industry and Clean Technologies at Export Credit N...

The world’s most modern wellboat

The wellboat Ronia Diamond was characterised as the “most modern wellboat the world has seen” during her christening in Bergen on 23 September.

Joint industry collaboration to boost offshore and marine sector with Additive Manufacturing (3D printing), Drone and Digital Twin technologies

DNV GL, A*STAR’s Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech) and National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC) ...

DNV GL line optimization brings ten per cent fuel savings for Hapag-Lloyd Cruises’ new expedition cruise vessels

“The design concept for the two new ships was ‘inspired by nature’,” says Dr. Henning Brauer,